Episode Sixty Three Show Notes
CW = Chris Wolak
EF = Emily Fine
Purchase Book Cougars Swag on Zazzle!
AND at Bookclub Bookstore & More.
If you’d like to help financially support the Book Cougars, please consider becoming a Patreon member. You can DONATE HERE. If you would prefer to donate directly to us, please email email@example.com for instructions.
Join our Goodreads Group!
Please subscribe to our email newsletter here.
– Readalong #9 –
Hum If You Don’t Know the Words – Bianca Marais
Have comments to us by December 6, 2018 // Goodreads discussion page is HERE
– Currently Reading –
Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert (CW)
Kitchen – Banana Yoshimoto (EF)
Starting From Scratch – Rita Mae Brown (CW)
Florida – Lauren Groff (EF)
The Craft of Research – Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, Joseph Bizup, William T. Fitzgerald (CW)
Poetry Will Save Your Life – Jill Bialosky (EF)
– Just Read –
Mr. Flood’s Last Resort (or The Hoarder) – Jess Kidd (EF)
Ohio – Stephen Markley (EF)
– Biblio Adventures –
Emily went to Book Trader in New Haven, CT and That Bookstore in Wethersfield, CT.
Chris went on a big adventure to Los Angeles, CA that included stops at:
Universal Studios The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The LA Public Library
The Last Bookstore
– Upcoming Jaunts –
November 14, 2018 Chris would like to visit BookClub Bookstore & More to see Kristin Tsetsi in conversation with Benjamin Thomas. Her book is The Age of the Child.
November 15, 2018 Chris and Emily will go on a joint jaunt to Bank Square Books in Mystic, CT to see Jean P. Moore (Tilda’s Promise) in conversation with Cheryl Suchors (48 Peaks).
November 29, 2018 at Guilford Library, Emily will go see Andre Dubus III discuss his new novel Gone So Long.
– Readalong #9 –
Born A Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood – Trevor Noah
Goodreads discussion page is HERE
– Holiday Gift Ideas –
· Owl Eyeglasses Holder from Uncommon Goods
· Alibabette Editions journals
· Utilizing VistaPrint, Zazzle or Shutterfly, make a calendar out of favorite book covers and author photos
· Unearth Women Magazine – The 1st Feminist Travel Magazine
· Buy someone an E-Reader!
· Nice set of markers – Emily has this set from Pentel
· Mastering the Art of Self-Expression a creative journaling workbook by Laura Thoma
· Shuly Cawood has a new inspirational gift book: 52 Things I Wish I Could Have Told Myself When I Was 17
· Purchase a complete set of a favorite authors books
· Purchase a book for someone that is in a foreign language
· Literary Candles
· Book Cougars Swag on Zazzle
– Also Mentioned –
Also by Lauren Groff: Arcadia and Fates & Furies
Alison Law – Literary Atlanta
Also by Stephen Markley: Publish This Book: The Unbelievable True Story of How I Wrote, Sold and Published This Very Book and Tales of Iceland
The Library Book – Susan Orlean
Also by Andre Dubus III: Townie, and House of Sand and Fog, and Dirty Love
Carnegie’s Maid – Melodie Benjamin
Scribe of Siena – Melodie Winawer
Russell – Ink and Paper Blog
The Going and Goodbye: A Memoir – Shuly Xochitl Cawood